Monday, May 2, 2011

Gotcha: BizTalk HTTP adapter on IIS 7.0 and above

Recently I needed to set up HTTP receive adapter(BizTalk 2009) on my Windows 7 development machine which has IIS 7.0. Source system is going to send a simple date value through query string parameter of HTTP site URL (like http://server/AppName/BTSHTTPReceive.dll?MyDate=datevalue). I followed instructions stated here on MSDN documentation and tested the set up by pointing to the site URL in a browser window(IE9). But I did not get the response as expected and observed some popup windows on my browser.

After closely looking at different steps explained in the link mentioned below, I realized that my request is really not POST, but GET . So I needed to input GET verb as well in step 8 of instructions for IIS 7.0 section. After making this change, I got the response that expected in the browser.

HTH.

No comments: